Just Do It Campaign: How it changed a college student’s life

 

      Source:https://www.nike.com/eg/


Once upon a time, there was a student joining college, I’m that student. Everything seemed to be blurry in its beginning, I couldn’t involve so much, and the studied materials were much tougher than expected. The college days gradually turned to be the dullest part of my life, I thought.


Every day I was trying to be more sociable in college to kill this boredom, I signed up for many clubs, enrolled in an unlimited number of student activities, and socialized with more than one group of friends, I can’t find what I’m looking for, even I don’t know what I precisely need, the routine was about to kill me those days.


Until one day, I was sitting on a cornered bench, I still remember where it exactly was, when I saw a colleague sitting near to me, he was watching a video on his smartphone, in most times I’m not that intruder, but something spontaneously attracted my eyes to the video, it was energetic and encourages anyone to do more effort. It was a commercial created by Nike as part of its “Just do it” campaign, my new friend told me.

 

Source:https://www.yomzansi.com/


Because of that situation, we got closer to each other, he turned to be my lifebuoy in the college community. We were best companions, attending lectures together, having breakfasts together, and eventually studying together. He introduced me to another new club, which I didn’t know before. It was a kind of a fitness club that is interested in exercising and working out to keep healthy.


Because of that, my friend asked me “Will you attend the next run?’’, I noticed that I’ve gained much weight during the last semester on my struggle with college life. “Inform me with the time and the meeting point of that run,” I said positively.


I arrived on time, the club members were doing their stretching exercises, I found my friend and stood next to him, I was gradually warming up and being more involved. On starting the run, my friend used an app, it’s called Nike Run Club, it records the distance that we ran using a GPS tracker, it also measures the burnt calories, my friend explained briefly.


Because of that run, I was out of breath, but something changed in me, as my soul was reborn.


Until finally I found (the thing) that I’m looking for, being fit and healthy became my goal from that day, “when will be the next run?” I asked the nearest participant while I was panting.



Ever since then, I’m not seen only as a fit man but also a person who knows how to care about his health.  It’s been nearly five years since that run. My friend specialized in a different major, but we always meet at every event held by the club, everything became better when I started to work out periodically and organize my nutrition plan, my mind became clearer, and understanding my subjects became easier.


Source:https://oddguyblog.com/


I think “Run, Forrest, Run!” could be my punch line, but it all started from that Tagline “Just do it”.



Comments

Popular

Thank you, Mom!

How to make a logo in 3 steps